There are a couple of ways to go when it comes to degrees in psychology. It all depends on exactly what you want to do with that degree. The bachelor’s degree or a master’s degree in psychology can assist in either the development or the furtherance of a career.iso 45003
With a Master’s or Doctoral level degree in psychology, a vast array of employment opportunities will be at your disposal. There is something in almost every line of interest available on the subject of psychology including but not limited to:
• Research and teaching employed psychologists work in a university setting where they can take everything that they learned and pass it on to another individual equally as interested and eager as them. If research is more your style, the United States government is constantly involved in researching and developing; but there are private practices which are also enlisting researchers with degrees in psychology.
• School counselors or school psychologists are another form of psychology in education but with less stress on education and more stress on the actual utilization of the art of psychology.
• A forensic psychologist works with trial lawyers and/or supplies expert witness testimony, corrections facilities clinical work, or formulation of public law as it applies to psychology.
• Organization/industrial psychology-apply your expertise in the evaluation of the workplace environment and its employees; how they relate to each other. Government agencies, businesses and academic settings for some places that will utilize this type of psychology position.
• Sports psychologists work with athletes to evaluate and improve the relationship between an athlete’s state of mind and their best performance. Physical activity and physical fitness and how they relate in terms of an athlete’s psyche; this is where a sports psychologist comes in. Sports teams and an academic setting are where you will most frequently find a person employed in sports psychology.
• Health psychology deals with the prevention of illness and the person’s ability to maintain good health and how they relate to each other. A health psychologist can be extremely helpful in programs for weight loss, quit smoking programs and programs that encourage physical fitness. They are employed in public health agencies, hospitals, private practice, medical schools, academic settings, rehab centers and more.
• Clinical psychology is used in the assessment and treatment of people with psychological issues. They can be therapists, generalists, treat specific disorders or work with children on disorders more closely associated with the young. Health centers, academic settings, private practice and hospitals are where you will most likely see a clinical psychologist.
• Music and art therapy studies the effects of music and expression through art as it relates to the human psyche. Colors, tones, the beat of a song, expression through art and more are involved in this process. Additional courses in the arts will need to be taken in order to perform this branch of psychology.
The list goes on and on because psychology is something that is used in almost every field, in almost every realm of society. Consequently there will always be numerous degrees in psychology and there will never be enough psychologists, since the demand for them will more likely than not always be on the rise, even though the schooling is extensive,