Do you love camping as much as I do? If yes, then you know too well the benefits of having a camping air mattress. It is not only affordable, it’s convenient to carry with you as most of them are lightweight and the air mattress market offers such a wide variety that you will surely find one that meets your specifications and your individual needs. And best of all, you don’t have to endure an uncomfortable night sleeping on the ground or on your sleeping bag which only provides a minimum amount of back and neck support. Gone are the frustrating nights when you have to suffer sleeping on hard and rough surfaces, because most air mattresses today are designed to be very similar to the bed that you have at home.
Below are the things that you should consider before buying your very own camping air mattress to help you choose the best one:
1. Choose a mattress that is raised at least one foot off the ground. This will ensure that you are comfortable getting up and on your air mattress.
2. When inflating your mattress, make sure that it is best camping air mattress inflated to a level of firmness that you desire. Choose a mattress that is able to inflate fully and not end up wobbly. Check the degree of firmness before you buy. If after inflating, the mattress feels like a water bed, you’d best look for another brand or another model.
3. If possible, go with a mattress that is self-inflating. Keep in mind that when you are out camping, there may not always be an electrical outlet or a car lighter available. Because of this, it is sensible to choose a mattress that have built in air pumps that can operate with the use of rechargeable batteries, or an air mattress that can be inflated with the use of foot pumps. A manual air pump may take more effort to operate but they can be very reliable when you are out in the woods. But if you always choose to camp in a spot near your vehicle, then an air pump that can function on a cigarette lighter is a convenient choice.
4. If you are a camper who loves to share your love for outdoors with friends and family, then it’s best to go for the biggest mattress size. Aside from being able to accommodate more people, this type of mattress will also give you ample space to put other camping supplies like your shades, keys or a flashlight during the night.
5. An air mattress will not last forever, and some of the mattresses available are easily subject to wear and tear. So when choosing a mattress, give more importance to sturdiness and durability over a small degree of comfort. Remember that when an air mattress tears, it will never be the same.
To ensure good, comfortable nights while camping, go with a camping air mattress. See the difference of your sleeping conditions as soon as you buy one for your next camping trip.